View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 06:33 PM   #8
a007apl
Regular User

Reiter Engineering, with the new Lamborghini Murciélago R-GT, put in a magnificent performance in Valencia, and without a long second pit-stop, could have fought for the overall win. Peter Kox and Oliver Gavin finished in third place, to give Automobili Lamborghini its first international podium.

"I'm very pleased! " Peter Kox said afterwards. "To come in third in their first race here is an amazing result for Lamborghini. It's good to drive with Ollie, who's a really good driver and has done a great job here."

"I really enjoyed the weekend very much," Oliver Gavin continued. "There have been a few issues with the car, but that's normal for a new car. It certainly has a great potential, and we will work very hard to improve it. Third is a great result, if you consider that this is our first race and that we didn't have a lot of testing. When I got into the car at the second pit stop, I must have hit a fuse and it took a while to sort that out. That has possibly cost us the win! We had a bit of a lead then, and we would have been just as fast as the Ferraris, but maybe not as consistently."

Manfred Fitzgerald, Marketing Manager of Automobili Lamborghini, was also delighted. "We hope that we will have a client program running in the Championship by mid-season," he explained. " However, It is not only up to us, it is also up to the clients. This was a major step of the whole programme. We proved the car in the wet and in the dry; the performance is there, and we have showed that our car is reliable. Since Lamborghini exists, it has never been on the podium in an international race, so this is an historic moment for us."
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote