View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 10:20 AM   #76
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by |Nuno|
I don't know I why still bother... When I say opinion vs. opinion I mean that I have a different interpretation of the facts than mindgam3. For me, the facts that I'll show next are more than enough to convince me that they cheated - for mindgam3 they're not. It's not like I'm making things up; they did brake the rules. Period. And breaking the rules = cheating.
But it's not clear whether they broke any rules or not.... it's definately not absolutely crystal clear, so on that basis, how can you issue a punishment...

Given that the FIA reduced the charge from "fraud and deception" to just "lack of transparency" it would appear the FIA didn't think they were lying either....

Fact 1: B.A.R. lied to the stewards. This alone is enough for me - again, if they didn't have anything to hide, then why did they lie? And still no one answered this simple question...
Agreed, but they didn't have anything to hide, see below....

Fact 2: Button's car was underweight. See: "The Court said that the only way the car could have met the 600kg requirement was by using fuel as ballast, which is not allowed under Formula One regulations. "
How can it be classed as ballast if it's absolutely neccesary for the car to run? Like oil and other fluids? Even if it is ballast, please show me where in the rules it specificially states you cannot use liquid ballast....

Jo Bauer, the OFFICIAL FIA TECHNICAL DELEGATE inspected the system at Malaysia and said there was nothing wrong with using it how BAR were... why bring it up two races later, even though an official has clarified it?

Fact 3: the tank by itself isn't illegal, but hiding its purpose form the F.I.A. is. Plus, if they had any doubts about the rules, then why didn't they aks for a clarification?
Wrong again, as said, it was inspected 2 races before hand by an official....

"It also stated that BAR’s fuel consumption data could not guarantee that the car complied with the rules at all times during the race, hence the team neglected their duty to satisfy the FIA technical delegate of its legality throughout the event."
The fuel consumption proves a lot more than the FIA can prove against them...

The FIA know how much the car weighed at the beginning and end of both quali's and the race.... The FIA also know exactly how much fuel was put in at the pit stops.... Along with the fuel consumption data they can easily prove that they never went below 600kg. The FIA are just refusing to look at it as evidence

It's not proven that they didn't use the the ability, as it's not proven that they did. It wasn't possible to prove both things.
Exactly.

The equivalent in the "real world" would be to accuse someone of murder without evidence.... if you don't have an evidence how can you convict someone?
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote