View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #10
F250
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z View Post
I have a feeling you're assuming someone who can buy a $100,000 car can buy a $300,000 car. And no one in there right mind would buy a car that is suppose to be half the price of its competitors for a third more than its competitors. The people that have the ability to buy a $300,000 car tend to avoid bad investments, could you imagine the devaluation percentage when it drives off the lot, something close to 50%. Back to my original point, this guy who put a deposit down probably can afford the car now due to its inflated price and that's after making a deposit 2 1/2 years ago. You better blame the dealers for this crap, this guy had a verbal agreement to pay slightly over MSRP and they screwed him...as simple as it sounds it's just wrong. Oh, and I have yet to hear someone actually buying the car for this ridiculous price so who's ready and willing? The Brits are complaining about the 100k pounds (twice as much as a Z06) they have to pay to get into a ZR1, and that's GM's pricing. Stop making ignorant assumptions...
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A VERBAL CONTRACT FOR ANY AMOUNT OVER $500.00.

This is why a dealer cannot keep a deposit on any car without a fully executed contract that includes a VIN. Any deposit receipt from a dealer includes language that specifies that NOTHING, including price is guaranteed and that the deposit does not guarantee the delivery of a car at a specified price at any time.

Blame the dealers? You have to be kidding. If you are a Chevrolet dealer and you get 4 ZR1s and you can sell them for $400K each, you would have to be a raving lunatic to sell them for less. If the dealer gets four cars and can sell all them for $400K, that is where supply = demand and the market is in equilibrium.

It's Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price for a reason. I don't care who buys ZR1s for $400K. I don't care if they are smart, stupid, investors or just have too much money to give a damn. The only thing that matters is getting that last marginal dollar for each sale.

If Walmart can maximize profits by raising the price of paper towels 4 cents, they will. If those extra 4 cents drive customers to Kmart, Walmart will leave the price where it is.

Whine all you want. If you don't like it, move to North Korea or Cuba where you can enjoy the benefits of a planned economy - and a black market to get around the planned economy.

Once again: Why would you sell anything for one penny less than someone is willing to pay?

Read this now and understand it later. If I have four ZR1s and four buyers willing to pay $400K, I DON'T CARE if there are thousands of people unwilling to pay $400K bitching.

Stop it! I was born in Chicago and your post makes me embarrassed to admit it.

Last edited by F250; 10-04-2008 at 12:02 AM.
F250 is offline   Reply With Quote