View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 03:00 PM   #14
robruf
Regular User

Model Club Review

1) Autos -- 1/8 model, I have never seen anything like this before, I am very impressed with the quality of the machines. The facility is quite remarkable for the model cars, alot of race tracks would like to have that type of a facility. These people take this stuff very seriously. The 3-4 seconds pitstops are great, let's see Ferrari and McLaren try to beat that this weekend, LOL. In the 4x4 final, they were going over a double jump, this is pretty cool, these people have great control over there cars and the cars are super tough

2) Boats -- These are insanely well done, they must take huge amounts of sacrifice and money to make these and have great engineering skills as well. This is alot harder to do that the cars, I would have to presume. One of the boats had a Canadian flag and there was a Canadian tugboat model as well, sweet.

3) Model Show -- 30,000 m2 and 45,000 people, that's huge. Those 1/5 models of the F1 cars must be super expensive. The construction machines are great as they actually work and do what a real machine would do, very realistic and fantastic. The boats are super expensive about 3,500 euros, WOW! But, you have to pay the price for that type of quality, especially for the submarines, or else you won't get it back, LOL. The Concorde and other examples are planes are quite exemplary. Then they go outside and fly the planes, upside down in the aerobatic planes and the tricks are insane, particularly where the guy holds the plane in place so that his buddy can grab it. The Robinson 22 helicopter flying are very well done and what can one say about the Jet Cat and the other jet planes, that was absolutely insane. I want one right now.

A very different but at the same time very good episode, something to broaden our horizons a little bit further.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote