Thread: My rides
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #29
Thanh-BKK
Regular User

Now with these additional lights there, something had to be done with them. The elctrical system of the RXZ does not supply enough power to run them the way they are supposed to, as headlights - so i made them additional indicators, outfitted with blue LED "bulbs". But that wasn't enough :0 I managed to get hold of a pair of "angel eyes", these BMW-style light rings. With a little modification (had to make them smaller!) i got those in there, have a look:

And also i installed new, decent, hand levers for clutch and brake:

And a new gadget as well: The digital speedometer. With it's help i found that the bike didn't go 160 km/h as indicated on the original speedo, but only about 140! Still fast enough for that frame. here's that speedo:

Magnet on the brake disc, it is screwed in as it has a small bolt on the back, i just had to drill a 3mm hole and cut a tread into it:

The sensor:

And also, meantime (and forgotten to post, aargh!) i did install the rear disc brake, this is mad of a (fake!) Brembo caliper designed for a Piaggio EX 8, a home-made adaptor to get that on the RXZ, a Honda NSR brake pump with another home-made adaptor to get it on the RXZ, a Yamaha VRR rear hub and an oversized brake disc for a TZR.

That brake caliper has since been replaced by a GENUINE Brembo one, because it was impossible to find spare brake pads for that fake one.... and buying a new caliper every time the pads are down? No, thanks

To be continued.
Thanh-BKK is offline   Reply With Quote