View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 12:46 AM   #24
graywolf624
Regular User

Contrary to the other reviews I actually liked this episode. Well other then the star in a reasonably priced car that I've never heard of and was so boring if you were drunk youd suddenly find yourself sober.

The Ascari review was quite funny and the car itself is quite impressive. I wish we could have seen some more of the technical bits, but still some fantastic camera work there. The car itself is very cool, and man can it go around the track. It really suprised me that it was that quick. Ascaris right to track usage also makes this car a definite contender.

The 500 versus biker race was a bit boring to be honest. I have no interest in the 500 and honestly they were not in the right spots to shoot the bikers. Also the whole thing was missing a sense of urgency like most of the other challenges. (real or imaginary urgency not withstanding). Just about the only intesting thing about the whole review was the snowy background to the car. They could have done some interesting shots had they had a nice car.

Anyway, this all brings us to silverstone. A bit I enjoyed tremendously. Now granted it does show the level of talent (or rather lack there of) of the top gear team, but it was still cool to see them out there swapping paint and to see other race cars as well. Now granted they never stood a chance to begin with, but still a nice touch. Hamster must be cursed.