View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 02:38 PM   #28
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
RC: I'm not going to quote everything that you said
That's ok - I got you covered mate...

, but I will ask this: what is your obsession with Allan and his Lambo?
My obsession? You're the one quoting him as a valid source of opinion..

You seem 100% unable to answer the question that I posed to you, and instead, by way of answer, you feel the need to suggest that he and I have some kind of love affair! It seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you obviously have some kind of issue with Allan, but kindly don't drag me into it.
He's all your's - I won't try come between you 2.. if that's what you are worried about.

No, I didn't just admit that Lambo's have weak drivetrains. What I did say, as you don't seem able to understand, was that rolling around in 2nd gear at 70MPH whilst waiting for the guy in the other car to start the race, isn't good for the car.
Isn't good for the car? How the hell else are you going to extract the performance that was engineered into it, if you don't use it the way the engineers intended it to be used? Have you ever seen the videos of Valentino Balboni?

You don't get a car tp deliver on it's potential by lumbering around in 3rd.. you stomp on it and make it go fast.

If you are a half decent driver, you know what rpm/gear/speed you would need to be in, and at the correct moment, down shift and go.

Period.

Anything else is being a pussy-arsed wet noodle

I wouldn't say most, but I do agree that a large percentage of people who buy exotics do so for the ego boost, not because they like to drive fast.
You can go ahead and say most - because it is most.

However, buying something and then running it hard simply so pimply teenagers can yell "OMG!! I watched a video of a Lambo smoke a Z06" is stupid.
But wait a minute - that would seem to be the motivation of Allan Lambo and his buddies --- right?

Being able to afford something, and desiring to spend money on maintaing that same thing, are not the same, and you'd be an idiot to think that.
In other words, just because you flaunt your wealth with $300,000 cars and $100,000 wrist watches when you need neither - you are really just being a snob and flaunting your wealth - aka penis extension..

What's up with the comment on the Veilside? Because it could beat a Diablo?
No Einstein - because these modded cars can cost upwards of $150,000 after all the materials and labour are accounte for - in other words - these owners CAN afford some exotica, but prefer to flaunt their wealth by buying/building super expensive money pits that will return nothing - expect fun and speed.

In otherword, like Jay leno - (doesn't he think Ferraris are over rated), they are TRUE auto enthusiasts - not snobs..

Whoopti-do. The guy who owns the 6.0 likes to race, even if he loses, as long as he has fun. Why not race your 'Vette against a Diablo and film the sorry result?
Why not? Because they all back down, or are rolling from 3rd gear so I know the jackass behind the wheel can't drive worth a shit, and probably only has 100 miles behind the wheel of the car, all from driving down to the Louis Vuitton boutique..

The day a well driven Lambo shows up - that's the day we go - head to head camera's rolling..