Thread: the fox body
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 03:56 AM   #7
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
That car is looking good for a 21 year old Ford
I was lucky to find an unmolested car with a caring owner. He had owned it since '91 and parked it two years ago when it didn't want to run (loose distributor!) The mileage is higher than others I looked at, but the maintenance was all documented and much better than anything else I had seen.

Originally Posted by graywolf624 View Post
Very cool. Good luck with poth cars!

Thanks

There is a mustang premium in there for sure. But if you like the car then thats what matters. (paralells with my C6 versus C5Z06 discussion with Paul a year ago, sometimes the price is worth the price for other reasons besides performance.)
Yea, since we got the black car, which I began calling Little Dianne . . . I suddenly got much more attached to fox bodies. I called on this car the first day it was on Craigslist (as I did for many other listings) and after talking to the guy it sounded promising, despite there being no pictures in the ad. It's fun to have a smaller, lighter car with some decent power. 500 or so fewer pounds, a stick, a higher seating position, and 7 inches off of the wheel base make it radically different from the TA. The fox is a pretty much my Trans Am and Olds averaged into one car, but with less weight and stick. The biggest dissappointments are the lack of AC (very trans am like in the respect . . . soon to be addressed after a heater core change) and the mpg. Lately I've been getting about 18-19 on average which is a bit off of the 20-21 I'd hoped for. Then again, since I don't have the TA running right now, this car has become "the fun car" so that doesn't do much for fuel savings.

hmm, I really didn't mean to start rambling. Oh well.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote