View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 05:54 PM   #26
sameerrao
Regular User

10 month update (think of it like a belated 9 month update) ...

Miles done on the car since I bought it: ~4950 miles with approximately 1000 miles since the last update. Too much travel in the last three months has reduced my weekly running of the car.

Maintenance expenditure since last update:
1. Replaced engine trunk struts that holds the trunk lid up. It had lost its mojo and as a result the lid refused to stay up. Replacement was a dirt cheap but bloody pain in the butt. Parts cost about $60 but as the strut is located near the center of the car, you need to massively lean over and stretch across to work on it. Kept getting cramps while doing it. Also, some moron before me loctited one of the nuts holding the right strut up - $%$#%$#% - lot of effort to get the damn thing off.

2. Replaced the a/c refrigerant - cost $85. Looks like I have a small leak somewhere which is slowly draining the refrigerant. Its cheaper to replace the refrigerant annually than take the car apart to figure out where the problem lies. I will tackle it during the major service in a few year's time.

Other than that, the car seems to be running fine. No major issues. Wish I could drive it more often.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote