View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 05:43 PM   #25
sameerrao
Regular User

7 month update ... I re-posted my thoughts here ... it is more appopriate in the review section than the What you own...

I have now owned Sophia for nearly seven months. We have both covered 4,000 fun filled miles so far. Probably more than most owners put in their cars in a year and half.

I have taken her on long cross-country journeys, a track day event, rain (Yes, Ferraris do not melt in the rain) and more fun stuff. I feel I have gotten a better idea on how to drive the car. Still learning to be smooth and fast though - fun challenge in a true driver's car . The handling is still amazing - in terms of feel if not ultimate grip. The brakes are strong and well capable of arresting speeds. All-round visibility is great. there is nothing I can think as a negative that would prevent me from recommending it to others.

All thru this she has been an absolute trooper - starting on the key and getting on with the program. The music from the rear always sounds good. FYI, I have the Spider exhaust in my car which is lighter than the normal one and is a bit less restrictive. It sounds pretty good IMO - I am not in a terrible hurry to upgrade the cats and exhaust. Need to save the $$$$ now.

So far the upgrade/maintenance/repair expenses have been:
- $2 for some glue to re-stick the interior rear view mirror that loosened up.
- ~$250 for oil change (11 quarts of Redline 5W40 and 5 quarts of Redline 75-90NS gearbox oil)
- New aluminium (note not aluminum as the folks here seem to think ) pedals - cost $free - gift from bro
- lots of 93 octane gas - not tracking fuel mileage - really pointless - this is supposed to be a fun car.
- $20 for a battery tender - well worth its weight in Au
- ~$500 for a set of 4 tires - good to go for another 10K miles I believe

I need to refresh the a/c refrigerant - its needed now.

Some recent pics

[/

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote