View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 05:46 PM   #31
sameerrao
Regular User

I returned my 12-24 lens today ... didnt seem to get much use from it as much as I had originally hoped. Traded it for a Nikon 70-200 F2.8 VR. Unfortunately the 70-200 is in backorder - so I will have to wait a bit till I get my hands on it.

I will be selling the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 soon. The Sigma is awesome and I got great pictures from it but VR will be really useful at a race track that I find myself going to a couple times a year.

I also need a buy a more normal lens for taking some landscapes and static car pictures and such. Any suggestions?

On a side note, I had bought my 12-24 lens from Ritz Camera about 1.5 months back and they took it back without a fuss after all this time and without me losing any money. Some of the other shops have a 5 day return policy and if you return it any later you stand to loose about 15%-30% of its original value as a re-stocking fee. Ritz is certainly more expensive than the e-tailers but I am very happy with their service.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote