View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #17
gobs3z
Regular User

Thanks everyone, the swap is from a kit. There are two different companies that make kits, i used hinsonsupercars.com kit. I got the engine and trans from Flordia out of a crashed Camaro. I would have had it running last year, but the aftermarket cam we got from Futral motorsports and put it in before starting the engine up with the stock cam (big mistake). The car never started after replacing the ignition system and getting the wiring harness replaced. Then we put the stock cam back in and it came to life. Futral sent out a bad batch of cams and never told the people they sent them out to even though they knew. And I've seen LS1's in BMW small 318i, I think that's what its called.
The car is fast as hell though in stock form, I raced a turbo 350Z on accident and the 350z barely pulled away. I really want to track the car, but i'm not sure i can keep it much longer because there's too much money into it and it is my daily driver, mind you i live in Chicago. But the cam is going in before i sell it and........i cannot wait to hear the beast then, i'm drooling right now. I don't know why people don't understand that lightweight is the way to go? People instead put their money into Supra's for 3x the money. It could be the Supra sound...

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote