Thread: New Veyron Test
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 06:19 PM   #47
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth
this comes directly from contacts I have at Bugatti, long talks with the test drivers, and time in the car thankyou. The terms I mention are purely objective, and not a slippery slope of "it does better then you would think it does" type crap that ALL the magazines are spewing. What a load of crap, eh?

so again, where are the lap times?
Right, ok. Should we quote you as the authority from now on then? I guess I am at a great disadvantage since I rely on the public press, as do most of the rest of the world.

Tell me, why don't you ask your sources for some comparative lap times then. I'm positive that they (Bugatti I mean) did some (more like lots) benchmark testing against other supercars, right? I'm sure your 'authoritative' contacts would have ready access to this vital info. that appears to be mysteriously missing.

As I have stated repeatedly before, I have provided several quotes from credible sources. Furthermore, they were written by people that have been publicly suspicious of the Veyron's performance prior to driving it. They all became converts (regarding its objective performance) after driving it. The only common beef that some of writers have mentioned, is that the Veyron does not have a 'sole' like a CGT or Zonda. That being said, I have not claimed that it does provide this rather subjective attribute. Again, I have provided several sources of 'public domain' evidence to illustrate to any remaining doubters how crushingly capable the Veyron appears to be.

Where is your evidence/data/info/anything other than 'the Veyron is heavy/expensive/has too many cylinders/turbos/radiators/etc., therefore it can't be good', 'I know someone', 'I heard this somewhere', 'someone told me', blah, blah, blah...

'Where's the beef', as the old lady in the Wendy's commercials used to say?
Suffice it to say, this is JabbasWorld, and we are priviledged to have some actual industry insiders as members - and when core members of JW say "the source told me", then "the sourcE" told them.

You may choose to believe this or not, the fact remains insiders have relayed witnessed accounts of various events, cars and behaviours - these are truthful accounts.

Again - choose to believe it or not, no justification needed from our part.

How come the "objective testers" don't have lap times and video of the Veyron beating the CGT and Enzo? Is it possible that it is their own subjectivity getting in the way, and the car only feels faster, but it really is not faster?

I can tell you from personal experience that the 4wd Ruf Yellowbird felt quicker than the RT12... but the numbers showed a different story..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote