View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #45
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo8 View Post
A fool can. A smarter person can see a different thing.

What I posted was "My 338 does quarter mile in less than a second", which is true. That means I'm not wrong. And so, due to the boolean nature of right and wrong, it happens to mean that I am right.

Don't dodge the point, you're not a viper. I've said that the .338 is faster and more practical than dragsters. Which is true. As anyone with at least one eye can check, I didn't say a world about the MV needed to have a sub-second quarter mile. You did, and you made an assumption that .338 doesn't reach 1320 fps. Sadly (for targets) - or fortunately (for shooters) - it flies much faster than 1320 fps.

Now, I never said you were wrong, until now, when you actually are: as seen above, I'm right, and you've mistakenly stated that I'm not.
Since we are getting into this, your first post says "338" not ".338"

Now, this is simply not true.
Have you ever worked on compents like Titanium, and exotic alloys of mixed metals? It is true, and considerably reduced quality control to well established, higher volumes produced, and cheaper metals used in production engines. Ever hear of Six Sigma? How about FMEA? Let alone the metallurgy.

I don't even mention that tuners work on the original block out of the original material.
Block, yes.... everything in the block, including the sleeves, no. You are naive to think otherwise.

Good point. I do. However, it's not the case: the Jap low-displacement engines are still far lighter than the USian big blocks.
Who is talking about a big block? We are talking about Small Block architecture.

Soooooooo.... what is the weight of a stock block Skyline 2.6 from the GTR R34?