View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 08:17 PM   #41
Evo8
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Seems you are showing your age, and bias; as my statement is quite far from wrong. Just because you don't understand the absolute upper limit of horsepower winning engines, does not mean I am wrong
Exotic engineering yields competitive results. As with most forms of racing, very high dollar experimentation and research ...
Technically, you are half right, in the part about exotic engineering. And the other half not, because the dragster engines are very primitive. The regulations are strict enough to limit experimentation to little more than tuning.

"at least 900 mph" which translates to
"at least 1320 feet per second" So, if your 338 doesn't fire at least 1320 fps, it is not going as fast as you stated. So, either you are wrong, or you are wrong.
Or I am right, which, actually, happens to be the case. Finish your sentences, please, it doesn't take much time.

Although a better use of time would be to learn what the muzzle velocity of .338 is, and how much distance it covers before slowing down to 1320 fps.

Power to weight, and improving reliability is far more important to the driver then dyno queens you speak of.
I'm talking power to weight. 2.6 litre engines are lighter than 8 liter ones.

and eons of private shops big displacement american iron
The volume these "private shops" put out
Sometimes a pair of quotes is the best answer.
---

Is that why it was being short shifted? Short shifting looks like cruising to me... oh, and feels like it too.
No one drives a timed lap intentionally slow. Maybe it's better for this car. Or do you seriously think that if Chevy could post, for instance, a 6:50 time, they would say "Oh, we don't need it", and settle for 7:26?
Evo8 is offline   Reply With Quote