View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 06:16 AM   #23
peruccy
Regular User

Moving on... Replaced rear subframe bushes

Status before the first test drive

After the shortest test drive... ever. This coupler hose sucks, so back to the drawing board

In the mean time, I've replaced all the bolt inserts around the engine bay

Because the bolts were becoming loose

Replaced drive belt lid

And pièce de résistance. Proper silicone hoses and clamps!

We had to modify the T-pipe for the dumpvalve

And weld on the nut for the intake air temp. sensor

But we got the original expansion tank to fit, which is a great bonus, because it looks fairly stock now. The only thing that was in the way, was this bracket for the cover around the engine...

Status before the second test drive. I had a good feeling this time

After a successful test drive, I made three daylight pics of the engine bay. I think is looks pretty much stock.

Next on the list, was the remote central locking, which has failed on my car. I got a Chinese copy for silly money, and went to work on it

In the mean time, I have also installed the original rear subs, which I got with the original amp. There were two versions which left the factory 1) 10 speaker system which had an amp & two parcel shelf subs 2) 8 speaker system without the amp & subs. Getting from #2 to #1 is quite a challenge, because complete wiring harnesses are next to impossible to come by, and making one from scratch is not so easy. Because Italians haven't left the harness in the car if it didn't have an amp... Two thumbs up for the Italians!

I've also received a front mount radiator for the chargecooler system

Quite a big unit @ 597mm x 171mm x 70 mm

I've also got a "repair set" for the gear shifter. These plastics wear out over time, and you don't get that smooth gear change feeling. It was cheap so I had to have it! I also found a company which makes a bush for the upper engine mount for 30€, while the OEM upper mount is 120€...

This is the culprit. 160usd for this... they must be mad!

Bush was in a bad state, which was noticeable when doing hard acceleration. Engine was rocking back and forth too much for my liking

Fixed

To be continued...
'talla
peruccy is offline   Reply With Quote