View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 06:43 PM   #25
666fast
Regular User

For many years the common domestic US sedan has been a pile of stinking shit - and could not go, stop or turn

And you should know, you had a Ford Taurus!
I also know, I've got it's Chevy equivelent, the Celebrity!

I like the car and I'd love to have a go in one. Especially a 600bhp one! I don't think you guys in Europe have to worry about it, if the rumors are true of only 500 being made, I doubt it'll be sold there. If one ends up there, it'll most likely be imported. Even then, it would only be a small handfull of them. If they are sold in Europe, I'd love to see one on Top Gear and 5th Gear. I'm sure Clarkson would have something funny to say and Tiff would give it a proper flogging.

I really don't care which one is quicker, I lack the ability to take anyone of these 'bahn stormers to their limit, so I'll go with the one thats the easiest for me to actually obtain one of these days. A used CTS-V will be in my price range in a few years.
As for which is better overall, I'm sure BMW would be in the lead with the Merc and Audi behind them. The Caddy CTS-V would most likely come dead last in terms of quality and finish. Too put that into comparison, just look at it's price. Although, for it's price, the Caddy should not have such a crappy interior. Which is a major downside, but I can overlook that. Especially if I'm getting equal, if not better, performance for a fraction of the price.
Then there is the tuning options if the owner decides to do so. IMO, the CTS-V wins hands down on that one.

I'll take one in Black please.