View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
Spiffu
Regular User

Default Saw an interesting NSX at the car wash today

I was pulling into the car wash today to get my GT waxed, and I saw a black NSX already in progress of doing the same thing.

After setting up my car for it's treatment I walked over to check out the car, at first glance it looked stock, then I noticed it had race class wheels on it; super lite weights. A guy that works there who wrangles the cars said "you should see under the hood, it's crazy."

He popped the hood and there was a gigantic custom fabricated intake manifold with 4 inch piping coming out of it. The biggest surprise of all was that the stock V6 was gone and an inline 4 of some type was in its place. Many other race class looking pieces of engine work adorned the engine bay.

The car wash guy also told me to look underneath, I found two turbos attached to the exhaust pipes.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet the owner, but I was told the car makes over 450hp and that it's a "lambo killer" I don't know they meant countach or gallardo.

In any case, that's the first engine swapped NSX I've ever seen, especially to a smaller engine.

It's an 06 dammit!
Spiffu is offline   Reply With Quote