Thread: Car mod forums?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 11:56 PM   #13
bluedemon

Originally Posted by lokie538 View Post

So why do people hate neons so much?

Because there are three types of car enthusasits (however the hell you spell that) there are your typical "ricers" with a big ol coffee can for an exhaust and neon lights that you can see the tube during the day and they drive around like they have a V12 under their hood when in all reality they have a 100 bhp, then there are those (like on this forum and many others) who feel that if it doesn't improve the performance of the car then its complelty useless and shouldn't be put on the vehicle, and then there are people like me (a very small percent) who don't really give a crap what other people think and puts things on their car that don't necessarly do anything for it performance wise but rather is for them personally, however what seperates me from actual ricers is that 1. I am able to admit that my car is rather "rice" it has a full on body kit, (completly painted one color) big ol wing, thankfully not from autozone (it matches my kit) and yes I do have underbodies on my car (blue, but I don't drive with them on because its illegal), 2. I don't drive around like a freaking moran thinking that I have more power then I do, I know what I have and while I am not happy with it, I live with it cause more power equals more money, which I don't have, but I am looking into swaping out the current engine with something better.

So it all depends on what group you fit into, sounds like you fit into the second group perhaps, but I too have never heard of purple neons used to light up the ground for night time offroading and I have got a few buddies who do offroading.