View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #172
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
without saying too much; the Corvette engineers put a huge target on Nissan in very specific goals. The GTR, as much as I am not a fan of it, was simply huge to the Corvette guy's at the General. Aerodynamics is a big part of that.

I'm also going to say that Jalopnik's release was no accident. Especially when looking at the Media embargo of the 2013 GT500 specs ending last night at midnight.
And that was stupid.

Corvette shoppers where not cross-shopping to the GT-R, they where and are cross shopping to the Porsche turbo.

Corvette's bread and butter is repeat traditionalist buyers - if they alienate that group the brand will suffer huge sales losses.

Porsche have kept the 911 recipe the same for a reason, it is the recipe that makes money - and no matter what anyone thinks, the moment Corvette as a brand stops making money is the moment it it gone.

Styling the Corvette to look like a 4 seat Nissan does nothing but cause confusion amongs the masses - and the masses are the ones that spend money on the Corvette.

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
I'm not convinced...it appears to have lost quite a bit of "Corvette-ness", and is becoming a bit more of a sort of generic super/sports car.
Much like the C4 - and history is showing us that the C4 tried so hard to be the 'Euro Vette' is sort of lost direction for a while.

Hopefully the C7 is not going to be a similar bland car.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote