View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
Spatizzle
Regular User

Smile My Subaru Impreza Project

I guess it all started after my GF left me. I had lost hope in everything and didn't want to do anything.. I'm 20 years old and I am also handicap(Have a wrist dormity so my wrists/elbows dont completely straghten and my shoulders can't rotate, so raising my hand is a challenge for me, haha). My friends stuck to me and cheered me up a great much and one of my friends, who just bought a Subaru Impreza 01RS, started telling me of cars, and I felt an excitement. I felt like, something filled me up and wanted me to get going on life again. Soon enough, I bought myself a Subaru Impreza 2000 2.5RS
Some pics when i got her:

After I got the car, I found myself a new hobby, a new thrill for me... Cars, and not just cars in general, but Rally cars. I want to be a future Rally Driver as well as a Teacher. And unlike my past, where I relied on others to push me to go, I am doing this for myself with their support, I am really grateful to them and always will be.

Now back to the car:

I knew they had AWD and what not, but never really understood its true power.. so I took her off-roading a couple times and understood it a lot better.

At the time when i learned how to start sliding... my mind would lock up and not counter-steer... this shot was taken right before i almost hit my friend

The OEM steering wheel wasn't cutting it for me... it was too big for me. My hands had trouble trying to steer it quicker, so I got a smaller MOMO steering wheel, well, a replica of it, but does the job.. Also, I'm a moron and me and my friend removed my shifter, because I thought I bought a nicer one that's for my car, but it wasn't
But my friend and I made some modifications and now, I have no shift lock, so I simply just pull and push around the shifter easily(it's an automatic).

I am unsure on going turbo or not, I love this car being my daily driver, but eventually, I know it's going to be strictly Rally/RallyCross, but when that time comes, I'll buy another Subaru for my Daily Driver .. but we'll see that when it happens.

I wish to do more mods in the near future, suspension wise.. go with strut/sways bars and struts/springs. Get some new seats, like OEM WRX ones or STI ones. Since my parents feel it is dangerout to drive without a steering wheel, for them, I'll get a STI steering wheel, which is smaller than that stock 2000 wheel and has working airbags/horn.

I haven't decided what to get strut/spring wise.. I don't know whats good, but I would like to have a different Setup than most people... I'm thinking Tokico Struts but not sure what springs. (yet)

As for updates, I will just edit my current post. with posts that say "update original post".

Oh also, I've named my car "Khushi" because in my native language (Gujurati/Hindi) it means "Happiness" and is a real name for indians but it really is what it had bought me when I needed it the most.
Thanks for viewing guys, I will do my best!

Cheers!
-Sanjay P.