Thread: My rides
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 02:59 AM   #1
Thanh-BKK
Regular User

Default My rides

Hi

Now i've read the rules about posting pictures, and then i se "you may not post attachments"...... weird? Or do i have to have x amount of forum posts before i am allowed to actually post pics?

Anyway i have a car and a motorbike - the car is a '94 Volvo 460 GLE, 2.0 automatic, all stock except for the 15" mags and the "fart cannon" type exhaust. The car is blue and i have a Sony CD-radio in it - no amps, no woofers, it's just a regular daily driver. Good condition for it's age despite having had two crashes and me doing next to zero maintenance. I often have problems with electrical gremlins, but apart from that a good car. I only use it on weekends or for long-distance travel, such as up north to Chiang Mai.

My bike is way more special - as that is what i use daily (as the Volvo is a gas guzzler and i live in Bangkok, the world traffic jam capital). This is a '94 (again!) Yamaha RXZ, 135cc two-stroke, stock 20 HP and 150 km/h. Originally it's kind of a sporty bike, but mine is modified to have a perfect sleeper - dual shocks in the rear, top case, rear disc brake, chrome headlight, chopper-style windscreen, "bullbar" etc. It looks (and actually is) quite heavy, hence i named it, appropriately, "Bulldozer".

The best about it is the engine - the stock cylinder is bored up to 150cc, ported, and does around 35 HP with stock exhaust and carb. This is good for more than 170 km/h top speed, and the bike certainly does not look like it could go anywhere near that fast, but it does

If someone explains me how to get pics uploaded here i will gladly do so.

Best regards.....

Thanh
Thanh-BKK is offline   Reply With Quote