View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 09:27 PM   #39
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrai
sameerrao : Sweet pictures dude. Sadly i need to get a better lense for my canon 350D, recommend anything good?! In the meantime im using the standard canon 350D lense, kind of sucks but i ll practise when i go back home end of this month.
that is what i've been "stuck" with for almost a year now... that and a cheap telephoto from quantaray 100-300 m F4.5-5.6

while i've learned some secrets to extract the most out of that lens... its also a terribly limiting factor... the autofocus is crap for moving objects if you aren't "expecting it to work that way" and is way too soft at anything above 200mm.

my recomendation is to not buy anything less then the Canon 70-300 IS F4.5 for telephoto, and perhaps the canon 17-85 IS as you get more aclimated to what your camera can do

Originally Posted by TT
Thanks for the big ones. Indeed saamer's aren't really perfectly sharp, but it's pretty close anyway!
nth's especially the second, are spot on even at 1600, which is perfect

IMO resizing at 1024 (let alone smaller) and sharpening an image does the trick most of the time, but when it's ok at 1600 it means it was really a good one