View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 12:38 AM   #11
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

im sorry but i didnt like it at all. WARNING *SPOILERS* the movie just left itself with nowhere to go in the end. the ending was such garbage, maybe in the book it made more sense and the author had time to explain it. but come on, bacteria killed them, they can travel through lightning bolts but cant handle some bacteria? dont they know anything about the planet they are invading, i mean they were able to observe us for thousands of years right? i am no professional at exploring new planets, but usually when invading a new planet you dont just land a spaceship and get out to test the atmosphere, you do a bit of research about where you are going.

and what were the weird veins that covered everthing? i didnt remember that being explained. and why again to the shields go down in their "tripod" things when the pilot got sick? how were thousands of machines buried underground and nobody ever knew about them? i understand the idea of having only tom and his families POV, a cool idea but come on, im not asking for a scientific explanation of everything just give me a little bit more.

the acting in the movie wasnt too bad really, the problem to me was the story. oh well thats just my opinion of this movie.