View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
loliea
Regular User

Default My M3 + track day pictures

Hi,
I have been around (more or less passively) on this forum for some time now so I though it was time to talk a little bit about my ride and share some pictures taken on the track.

My car is a (aging) 2002 M3 that I bought 3 years ago. Put 36k miles on it and now it clocks 70k miles. Everything is stock except the Alpine iDA-X100 (that I warmly recommend for mp3s and HD radio) and Power Slot Rotors with Hawk pads that replaced the worn-out OEM parts.

Mandatory custom shot:

Now the interesting part. For the 3rd time this year I attempt a 2 days driving school at Infineon (on the full track, not the Nascar version). Again I had a huge blast and I though I would share some of the pictures that were taken by the official photograph of the event (please notice and respect the copyright).
I have to remember to take my camera next time because each time there was some very nice cars (Viper ACR, GT2 and GT3 RS, GT-R, AC Cobra 427 race spec, F430 Challenge, Gallardo, Murcielago, Z06, Lotus Exige…).

Enjoy!
Turn 6 (aka tire killer):

Turn 2 (scary one with the wall very close... no room for error as for most of the turns @Infineon):

Turn 2 chasing a Dinan M5:

Turn 8a:

turn 11:

We had a rainy day, but no pb I lived in France, England and Switzerland for 27 years, so I am not scared wet conditions.
Turn 12:

Turn 2 (note how fare from the apex I need to avoid pothole full of water and slippery paint):

Tires after 3 track days (yep BMW under-steer like crazy…) :

Still have enough thread left for San Francisco's winter but I will have to change them next year (or maybe not as I plan to change the whole car).

Enjoy!

Last edited by loliea; 11-15-2008 at 05:48 PM.
loliea is offline   Reply With Quote