View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 12:04 AM   #79
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth
Originally Posted by RC45
Unless he can come along and SHOW that every major manufacturer CONTINUEs to do super-long term HUGE expense cold-weather testing (as an example) of existing models for the entire model run - perhaps we should call BS on what he is posting and claiming. (checks and balances you know)
No OE that I have ever dealt with allowed production changes without an appropriate DV sign-off. Sometimes the tests can simply be conducted on the component or sub-system in isolation. Typically, you should go back to your DFMEA and verify whether your change can cause new or increase the 'RPN' of failure modes.

On the other hand tuners are known for performing CV (Customer Validation) instead of DV (Design Validation). In other words the customer is doing the testing, and the tuner supports them when the run into problems.

To give you another example of where OEs differ from tuners is when it comes to max/min testing. A good OE will run some DV testing with worst case components, at the extreme of their production tolerances. Tuners just don't have the resources for this type of development. So, most of the time, most of their products should be ok. I think most customers accept this as a necessary trade-off for the performance benefit. They just wouldn't accept it from an OE, that's all.

From my perspective your 'message' would have more value if you put away your sledgehammer. I thought that 'Americans always yell', was just a stereotype...
First off.. learn to quote...

Second off..in other words what you are saying is all along youwere full of hot air and I was pretty much correct.

Third off.. do you honestly think I care how you perceive my "message"?

p.s. I almost forgot... what does all this "OEM" test crap have to do with the Veyron? I mean they are never going to make a 1000 of anything, so ho wcoul dthey possibly meet your super high demands of QC?

Seems they are going to have to sample and estimate rather than actually build a enough to take samples you approve of?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote