View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 02:49 PM   #19
rave426
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Ahhhh - the classic test between the BoyRacer toycar and the overweight Boat.

How could either of those under performers be classed as "fun"?

Expressway 4 seaters maybe, but "fun"? No thanks... in that price range any used 911 will be gobs more fun than either of these 2 boyracer, mid-management, overweight overpriced slugs of pig iron

I think both of the cars are awsome.

Overweight YES...Hell Yes. Overpriced....not near as bad as Porsche. I just saw a pair of 66K and 70K Caymans the other day. Tell me that aint robbery.

For the prices I think you get the best of all worlds. Speed, comfort, luxury, high revs, decent torqe, and a nasty sound V8. And I honestly think that the new M3 will be more fun to drive than a stock 997 (non-S).

I dont know if you ever drove the E46, but if you try to hold back your crack-like craving for torque and 400+hp cars I think you will have a good time. To me the E46 was less about the power and more about the sound and feel that you experience when driving hard.

If BMW can shave some ~400 lbs off the new E92 CSL and make that engine produce at least 450hp I think we will be in the mist of one of the most entertaining vehicles of all time.

Granted all that bullsh|t i said. If I could get a used 997S for the same price as the M3 then BMW can kiss my ass. HA