View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 09:39 PM   #15
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by corvette97 View Post
Nice! i love how SRT's sound! they have a very peculiar sound!

Well my car was one of the 15 only officially imported by subaru to AMERICA (from canada to chile ) It is a version 8 STi with a EJ207 motor, (EDM spec) it has all the bells & whistles of the famous V7 JDM engine minus the DCCD and big port heads... but it has the forged crank, rods and pistons, no TGVs etc.

I've done pretty much all bolt ons...

Catless Downpipe
3" Cat back
Short Ram
2" Uppipe with EWG
38mm Tial wastegate (atmosphere dumped)
Front mount
Electronic Boost controler (3 port style)
Turbo Inlet pipe
Crank Pulley
Custom E-tune
Manifold Crossover pipe

The suspension has some work also

Front & Rear Sway bars
Front & Rear Strut bars
Front lower tie bar
Fender Braces
Coilovers
All bushings replaced with race spec durometer
Camber plates
Camber bolts
Anti lift kit

The exterior/interior has some other stuff also

18x10 +30 wheels
255/35/18 wheels
WRX side skirts
Cusco front lip
Boost, oil temp / press gauges
i painted the center dash balck but i'll do a CF wrap next week with DINOC 3M CF wrap

Well thats on top of my mind there are other things done, but thats pretty much it.
Damn, sounds like a fairly impressive build. I envy the ability to spend that kind of time and money building. Someday, someday...in any case, you'll probably scoff, but I've actually not got an SRT. They've got a 2.4L Turbo-4 if memory serves. I've actually got a Mazdaspeed6. I'm about to head off to law school, so I don't really have the time or money to dump a lot into the car, but in the long term, I'd like to:

Drop in some forged con-rods, higher-compression pistons, a FMIC rather than the heat-soak-prone TMIC that I've got.

Short term, I think I'm going to focus on doing suspension work and drivetrain stabilization work as well. Basically I'm hoping to put some properly adjustable coil-overs and sway bars in, add some more durable rear differential mounts (and replace all the engine/transmission/differential etc...bushings with higher durometer bushings), and a short shift kit with a weighted knob (the stock assembly is notchy and pretty unpleasant in daily-driving).

That being said, right now I'm seeing about 33mpg and I've got 300+bhp...suck that V6 Mustang!

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"

Last edited by Vansquish; 07-26-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote