View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 11:46 AM   #41
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by heath
So the yanks finally built a car that goes fast around a track eh? Given its questionable build quality and well....primative gearbox and engine I say good on ya America, good on ya. Lets see what the "cheap" corvette is worth in a few years as a percentage of its original purchase price as compared to say I dunno a GT3. I reckon you'll see more of your $$$ when it comes to sale time with the Porsche than the yank tank. All said and done tho, vettes are friggin sexy cars, but no car is even close to a 911 with tail gear

But when it comes to the choice between gt3 and vette, out of pure practicallity on a day to day basis I'd take the vette. Its gonna have suspension like a big cusion not steel rods and its gonna have aircon, power everything, sunroof, stereo, leather,etc,etc. And really...who the hell takes their car on a track everyday to get to work???? I don't atleast....I'm a porsche man at heart, but my head says take the vette.
- your point? These facts have been known and true for years now.. including the fact that year for year there has always been a Corvette model, that out of the box kicked Porsches nads from here to kingdom come..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote