View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
NFS keeps getting worse, that is why its not selling..... whats that age old addage " if it ain't broke, don't fix it" :-\
Exactly - this quote:

Kershaw: Americans have a very different attitude to their racing drivers – look at Nascar. They’re all country heroes, and people in the northern states think they’re hicks. But it’s a good spectator sport – I worked on the IndyCar series which is about turning left for 200 laps, but it’s great to watch because you get the spectacle of people crashing and you can see the whole track. But to actually play it – I actually fell asleep when I was tuning the game.
...says it all. The industry themselves have become so succesful, they have lost focus on the end game - sort of like bernie Egostone etal...

They forget they are there for the customers to buy what they produce - if it is good enough - instead of just having the same crap shoved down our throats because some marketing focus group and some accountants said that the title needs to ship to keep the company's stock boyant.

This is why the ranTourismo franchise, while not perfect by any means, has such a following - it has improved with each edition.

And crap like this:

Wilday: It’s interesting what the supercar makers are doing with their cars. Ferrari have got this little switch on some of their steering wheels that allows inexperienced drivers to pull off stylish driving techniques like drifting.
...shows they are really out of touch.... did I miss when Ferrari started shipping cars with a "Drift" button on the wheel?

If those clowns represent the engineering core of driving game producers then driving/racing games are doomed...

Last edited by RC45; 02-27-2008 at 07:13 PM.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote