View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 11:50 PM   #15
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624 View Post
I guess Im rich as I hold substantial investments in foreign countries including emerging markets and my paycheck comes from a corporation with only a 1/4 of its business done in this country.
Actually you are very much in the minority.

Remember there are hundreds of millions of adults in the US, and most of them are not sophisticated economists - mst are simply working middle class people who live in humble condiitons and have to slog there way from every couple of paychecks to evry couple of paychecks (I am not going to say paycheck to paycheck, but pretty close to it)

The reality is that while on the surface it appears the world is a friendly vibrant economic utopia it is not - it is a hostile competitive place - and quite simply people need to decide if they want their grand children and great grand children to live a powerful player in the world or in a weak 2nd rate player in the world.

Much like the folks who won WWII for the Allies did.

Strategically the predominantly democratic West is not longer in charge of the world, and the reality is that the undemocratic players used the wests freedoms to beat them t thei rown game.

Originally Posted by graywolf624 View Post
Yeah theres a good idea.. Lets put 100s of thousands of americans that work at those plants out of work and encourage a trade war where every market that is now open will close.. Yeah.. Theres an avenue for success... Whose with me.... *Chirp... Chirp*
Exactly - its about time that the West took back control of the global arena.

Those so called "open" markets are not that open - if they were, today would not look like it does.

And I hate to suggest that the worlds current economic woes are the result of the "economicly educated elite" fucking it up - but sadly we are.

The folks who supposedly knew ho wit all works steared market after market into chaos.

It is very frustrating to look around and see the power being passed from the west to the east the way it being done.

It may make for great short term gains for western profit seekers, but it plays directly into the 100 year plans of many other nations.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote