View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 05:14 PM   #32
a007apl
Regular User

Actress Kelly Carlson finally gets it. FX's "Nip/Tuck" star got behind the wheel of $330,000 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster on Tuesday

and led a caravan of 50 Lamborghini luxury cars on a 300-mile cruise up the coast to Monterey.

It brought back memories of one of "Nip/Tuck's" most talked about episodes when plastic surgeon Christian Troy (Julian McMahon) is rewarded with a Lamborghini Murcielago after setting up a date between Carlson (Kimberly Henry) and another character.

"I've always thought about what it might be like to drive a Lamborghini so when I was invited to take part in this event I was excited, especially after last season when my character on `Nip/Tuck' was traded by her boyfriend for a Lamborghini. Now I know why," Carlson said.

"We thought it would be fun to invite her to test out the Murcielago Roadster," Lamborghini's North American chief Ehren Bragg said. "I've seen some pretty wild things done with our cars, but I don't think I've ever heard of trading a Lamborghini for a date.

"We thought she deserved a chance at a test drive."

The event was staged to celebrate the North American launch of Automobili Lamborghini's 2005 Murcielago Roadster, which will be publicly unveiled at Monterey's famed Concorso Italiano, a popular Italian car show.

The Lamborghini Roadster - a 580 horsepower V-12 with a top speed of 205 mph - arrives at dealerships this fall.

SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP)
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote