View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Shinri_Shiogami
Yup, a 360 is slow. I mean, 4.3 seconds or something like that for a 0-60 time, it's pretty much one of the slowest cars out there on the road. Especially against a modified vette which is not as fast when stock
Correction - I was realing in 360's when my car was stock.. and the 360 was not - with it's tubi exhaust and tune ..

The CS was probably not stock either, and all I had was an air filter

And whether you choose to believe it or not, the 360 is not that quick in the grand scheme of things - or maybe having 70,000 miles in a 4s 0-60 car does that to you - set you expectaiton of "speed" a little higher than others

Originally Posted by Daggernite
Please dont take this the wrong way, you sound like a fan boy who only wants to hear good things about the corvette, and nothing bad.
Fanboy? I don't think so.

I am the first in line to slam the cheap ass plastic bathtub for the reasons it needs to be slammed - but the unfounded "rumour" stuff is what I don't feel should go down without objection

Just because you "believe" it should be as bad in certain areas as you have been convinced to "know" it is... does not make it so

Of course the car is not perfect, far from it - and mine even more so - it is the very first edition of the modern era Z06.. full of issues and problems - but the areas that is should not be slammed are the areas that count, Go, Turn and Stop

Why is it so hard to accept that the car actually does Go,Stop and Turn with top 1% of cars out there?

It's badly made, full of plastic, has no "refinement" or CD changer, or power seats, frilly pillows, or carbon fibre doo-dads or even seats with seat belt cutous...

Hell it even shares radios with the Chevy Tahoe..

But - until you have actually benn given the chance to personally feel how it can Go, Stop and Turn you are really just basing everything on the biased words of others

Strange how the ability of the 911 to pitch you into a dicth is named "character" - but the fact that the Z06 demands you sit up and pay attention 110% of the time the car is"unpredictable and stiff"..

Oh well - to each their own..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote