View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 07:50 PM   #36
StanAE86
Regular User

I don't really evaluate when I look at the Photo of the Month submissions. I just scroll and usually, a few jump out at me and catch my eye. Most of the time, all the submissions are great, but there will be one or two that just really catch my eye...be it the car, the location or the whole sha-bang. This month, the eye catchers for me are:

Smylait's Enzo: The photo is just stunning. The car is in classis Ferrari Red and you can see the details of the building in the reflection in the hood. Shot from the front, you can really get a feel for how strange the car's nose is. I like this photo the most this month.

80sSportLover's Diablo: This one caught my eye because I am a Lamborghini lover. The aggressive Diablo is still one of my favorites and I dream of owning one some day, but know that it is likely out of reach because of maintenance and upkeep (as compared to the Audi-fied Murcielago, which may some day happen). What kept this one from being a winner is the fact that the car is on a slope and it takes away the fact that the Diablo has a rake to it, which really emphasizes the wedge shape of the design. I've looked and looked, but I'll have to take TT's word that there is an F50 and F1 back there...although the top of the F1 looks familiar, I would not have guessed the car from that tiny bit of car...my first thought was Saleen S7.

Salegoose's Miura and Dino: This one caught my eye because although they're not entirely familiar shapes to me (as compared to the new models), they are classic and shapely and beautiful cars to just stare at.

Wutputt's Veyron: I could not tell what I was looking at and still cannot tell. It looks like a scale model designed to be driven by Hollywood star's children?

StMoritzer's SLR: This one caught my eye because of the angle of the shot. It's low and creates a little bit of a fish-eye result because the car is wide. It made me take a double look.

MagWheels Ford GT: I liked this picture because it's in front of a country style house. The open country is normally not what I associate with cars of this caliber...instead, I tend to first think of high priced Hollywood homes instead. It makes me think of a home, that looks "normal" from the outside, and even the garage opening with a barn-style swing door, to reveal incredible cars hidden inside that nobody knows about.

The were all great submissions...