View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 03:47 PM   #19
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
Sounds to me like you're just pissed because the movie was not made completely after the source matherial. Which in essence doesn't really tell anything about how good the movie is. My guess is that it's much better then you say...
\

Not at all. In fact, all three X-Men films didn't follow the comic books. Thing is, the first two X-Men films were good as stand-alone films. Especially X-Men 2. The direction of the film, the script, and where they placed the main plot points were well done. It was a film you would want to see from start to finish.

X-Men 3 is a far cry from that. You could predict what was going to happen next, and when you thought or expected something to happen, instead of a clever twist being utilized, you end up with a half-assed one. The use of the mutant gene-suppressing kid is a perfect example. The drug was the backbone of the story, and they dedicated quite a few significant scenes to the boy (such as his little way of greeting Beast), building him up to be quite a character in the story.

And then... nothing happened. So the little X-Men girl pushed him away just in time for him to cancel out Juggernaut's powers... which sounds good on paper, but in the film, you could see that scene from a mile away.

The film was just so predictable... It was riddled with cliches and cheesy scenes. The scene wherein Magneto goes "what have I done..." was so poorly executed it was nearly a parody.

Seriously. It was a crap movie. Compared to Spiderman 1 & 2, X-Men 1 & 2, V for Vendetta, and Batman Begins? X-Men 3 was shite. Sorry. It really just was.
Sir_GT is offline   Reply With Quote