View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 04:24 AM   #5
zeus_2011
Regular User

I've been debating on getting one of these and before you crucify me.....

They're the only affordable, relatively newish RWD driftable car on the second hand market here in greece. New car prices here are extortionate and the second hand market just does not make any sense e.g. you can see 2-3 yr old models with plenty of mileage (for example the v.w. scirocco) that still demand just 1-3k off the list price (list price being in the mid EUR 30's).......and also the fact that it has just a 1.3litre engine means the government here doesn't come down on you like an Old East-European communist regime!

last summer I went to look at a few Rx-8s, two actually. THe first one I test drove made me think that it had some sort of problem or that the guy was trying to pawn off the 192bhp model as the 231bhp....until I test drove the second one from a dealer (231bhp)....I have never felt 230 horses feel like mules, and until you pass near on 5500rpm theres nothing, not that theres much after.....

so yeah, I doubt it will be missed much.

So I turned my eyes to a car I've liked since its launch in 2004, the Nissan 350Z. It had a list price here of near on 60k Euros when new (when in the UK it was about 26K GBP!) and the older models still command somewhere in the region of 30k.

So i'll stick with my 4WD audi for now and reminisce about my younger yrs in the UK where a fun car can be bought on a budget
zeus_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote