View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 04:13 AM   #36
lambocars
Regular User

Originally Posted by MartijnGizmo
I shoot in RAW and do some small adjustments in Adobe Camera RAW.

After that my basic adjustments in Photoshop are:
- sharpen
- autolevels (only if it looks better afterwards)
- contrast +5

sometimes:
- saturation +15
- curves with a small S-curve

I do perform all adjustments on new layers, so I can always go back and/or use layer masks to only adjust a part of the picture.

That's about it..... oh, and since I set my 5D to Picture Style "Faithfull" my pics seem to have much nicer colors.
sounds like a standard post processing, but it all depends on the photograph, they are all different, so they require little tweaks when processing them.

I never use the auto-levels options actually, I play around with the levels themselves, some more control over what is happening, and you can start playing with the RGB channels separately (or CMYK for printing) to really tweak the photograph.

The thing that surprised me the most when taking photographs with a dslr was the fact that you do need to use the 'UnSharp Mask' in PhotoShop, never had to do that with a compact camera ... but I discovered that this is normal, a compact has sharpening built into the camera apparently, the dslr takes the photograph in RAW and you can decide to do sharpening or not ...

Still a steep learning curve trying to use a dslr like it should be used, and expensive to get the decent lenses ...

Mark
lambocars is offline   Reply With Quote