View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 11:00 AM   #37
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Originally Posted by nthfinity
oh, and about japanese drivers... im sure they are good... but there must be some reasons that so few make it into the world forum in terms of racing.
Don't want to start another america vs everything battle but........

Tell me an american driver who has make it into the world forum in terms of racing....

Mario Andretti (half italian) and Phil Hill are the only ones I remember now
people who professionally race international motorsport racing..... there are so man American drivers in many of the series; that it would take quite some time to list them all.... but i'll start looking them up.

Tracy Krohn
Ian Khan
Liz Halliday
Scott Speed
Chris McMurry
Johannes van Overbeek
Mike Lewis
Dale White
Scott Pruett
Terry Borcheller
James Bach
Seth Neiman
Guy Cosmo
Gunnar van der Steur
Clint Field
Johnny O'Connel
Larry Connor
Lonnie Pechnik
Bill Auberlen
Joey Hand
Justin Marks
Darren Law
Michael Petersen
Johnny Mowlem
Max Papis
Patrick Long
Darren Law
Seth Neiman
Gunnar Jeannette
Tom Milner

this list is getting bigger then we thought... so i'm going to stop early; and mention that in my research, i failed to find any Japanese drivers

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
nth, ALL american cars now have the electronic gadgets the japanese have had for the past decade..

and you cannot be serious when you say that the Japanese do not make "Drivers cars"
The Viper doesnt, the Ford GT doesnt... and the cars that do, you can fully turn off the handling assistance... oh, and many just have traction control you can also turn off.

I didn't say the Japanese dont make drivers' cars... the NSX is a drivers car, the subaru WRX/ STi/ evo are drivers cars in the same way the F430 is a drivers car. but the GTR is a "being driven" car IMHO...

lets talk about best motoring for a moment... on a wet skidpad, the GTR R34 was going understeer, then oversteer... rince, repeat.... it didn't matter what the driver did at all.... that doesn't happen with the evo/sti/corvette/real sports cars of this world.