View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
topgeartom
Regular User

Default 1996 Renault Clio 16v

Well ive just bought myself a new car, its a mk1 ph2 Clio 16v its a 1996 car so its one of the very last valvers they made before the model was cut out and the ph3s came in.

Its in a really rare colour combination of Silver with facory fitted Black leather interior. The silver is rare as nearly all were produced in blue or naples red like my old ph3 was. The factory leather was an option very few people took when buying new so to get the two combined is not a common thing at all.

Its got renaults DOHC twin cam F7P unit - a fuel injected 16v block which produces 137bhp as standard, not half bad in a car that weighs under 1000kg. The book says 0-60 in 7.7 seconds which isnt half bad even by todays standards.

Its been lowered, has a full magnex exhaust system, a de-cat and a hill power induction kit. Such mods should see that a car of 11 years of age should still be running the sort of power it came out of the factory with all those years ago.

If i save enough cash i might get a remap to tie all the breathing mods togeather but im currently skint after the purcahse and the subsequent insurance arse raping.

Ill get pictures up when i pick the car up tommorrow (hopefully), but for now here are the pictures used in the listing.

Cheers
Tom

Last edited by TT; 02-07-2008 at 07:11 AM.
topgeartom is offline   Reply With Quote