View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 09:13 AM   #29
peruccy
Regular User

@Shaggy: Thanks! I will post updates as they happen...

@johnnny: I still have time to decide which tuner it will be. Thanks for the info though, I will count them in for sure.
As for the Trabant, I have some pics of the build so far, but as I have mentioned before, it is still in development. As soon as the 166 is done, my attention goes to the Trabant. But the car will definitely not be a record breaker. I will use stock internals for starters. I only plan on doing minor engine mods to it, because first I want to see what I can achieve with a set budget, before I start spending silly money on it. Mods I plan on doing are: head porting, FMIC, bigger exhaust, bigger injectors & pump, custom chip and maybe a bigger intake system. And that's about it... I am relying on the silly weight of the car, to make it at least half competitive. By my calculations, with a V6 engine and a roll cage, together with a lighter hood, thin plexi glass all around, removed unnecessary weight, different rear subframe (the heaviest piece on the car), slicks, and a bucket seat... I hope I will get the car to 650kg (1300lbs)... And with the mods I want to do to the engine, I am hoping for 260-280hp. So for a starting project, it should suffice...
peruccy is offline   Reply With Quote