View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #26
peruccy
Regular User

I'm still deciding where to get the car chip tuned. Prices for a custom chip with a dyno in Slovenia are from 500€ - 1000€. Depends on the ECU, and how much work goes in to it. And since I have the rarest of ECU's, Bosch Motronic ME2.1, which was only in an AR166 from 1998-2003, with no upgrades or anything, I think I am in for a nice bill... I've seen many people give up on these ECU's, because they are damn hard to work on. It was an Alfa prototype ECU, which can memorize and adapt to various engine changes by itself. Also, it has multiple injections per cycle, which for it's time in a normal saloon, was almost unheard of. But they gave up on it after a few years. Confirmation about it's ability to adapt by itself was when I replaced the old altitude sensor with a MAP sensor. First one tells the ECU an approximate intake pressure via the preset value of the altitude, while the MAP sensor reads pressure directly via a vacuum hose from the intake manifold. Another thing was, when I added a bigger turbo and opened up the boost. ECU adapted to these changes instantly, without a chip tune. My AFR readings are spot on with this setup: 14,4-14,8 @ idle and 13,2 @ WOT..

Trabant is still in development. First I want my daily driver to be complete, and then we will focus all our attention on the Trabant. We have until May next year to complete it. I wish to participate in our annual drag race event here in Slovenia.
peruccy is offline   Reply With Quote