View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #13
Vansquish
Regular User

So I went and bought Spore last week and I've been playing it on-and-off ever since. Unfortunately I can't say I'm as impressed by it as I'd hoped I would be. Since I'm a science nerd, I was hoping for a bit more depth in the creature-creation stages, more of an evolutionary perspective. As it stands, I feel a bit like this is a glorified game of "Mr. Potatohead" at that stage. Later on the game gets a bit more interesting. The various intermediate civilization stages are somewhat marginal as well, as they offer somewhat less depth of gameplay than Civilization, Age of Empires, Starcraft, or World of Warcraft. That being said, later on, once you get to the Space-faring stage, things get much more interesting and deep. There's a practically limitless number of stars and civilizations that you can encounter, and that, I can see holding people's attention for weeks if not years.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote