View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 03:04 AM   #7
TT
Regular User

BTW, what I forgot to say is that with the "old" Porsches you still have the full experience, with fellow owners waving at you or greeting you with their deep beam lights. It's a pleasure any Boxster or to be honest most 996-997 owners don't have anymore.

Originally Posted by philip
Excellent choice in a Porsche, no headaches from the older cars, still has an air cooled engine, so none of the headaches of the newer cars. One thing, be sure to replace the dual distributor syncro belt. From the wheels this looks like one of the earlier 964's and they need a dual distributor vent upgrade kit, if its not already done. This small rubber belt doesn't last for ever and eventually it will break, sometime causing the harm to the head as a spark plug, now continuously firing, trys to weld the cylinder to the head. Bang.

Other than that the car is bulletproof. White is my favorite color for the 911 Porsche. Well done.
It's a 1990 model, not sure if it needs the upgrade, will look into it, thanks.

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Originally Posted by TT
Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I envy you so much dude... really!! buying two Porsches in such a short period of time - and enjoying them as a 5yo kid! :good:

Time now to start looking for an old 914/6!!

Thanks for the write-up and the pics!!
I whish, but even crappy 914-6 costs more than my other two cars together :shock: prices for them are really very high these days...
I was talking for me! I've always liked the weird styling of the 914 - and believe me... they're cheaper than most 964 around here!
What kind of prices are we talking? Around here you can't find a good and working 914-6 for less than some 25'000 euros. Not that it is THAT much, but I got two Porsches for less than that :roll: