View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 03:24 AM   #2
TT
Regular User

Ok, I admit that, after a first browsing to check all the links are working, I have no clue about where my vote will go :bah: hoping some comments will help me decide.

tifosi - too often we see crappy dealership pics. This is not the case, it's well executed despite the lighting problems, but even if the two cars are some sexy bitches, it still remain a dealership, and doesn't spice me that much.
Darkel - this picture rocks! We have to say thanks to the museum guys who organised this set up, and to you for knowing how to use a tripod! Serious contender!
dingo - random car on the road and stunning pics and light! It basically remind me the CLS picture that won the past month's contest! Maybe too much actually, but stunning!
nthfinity - nice one: the Vector is so low that such pics always come out pretty well. Sadly I must say I am not a fan of tilted pics most of the time.
80ssportlover - very profesional looking. Simple, no drama, but very nice! The b/w probably adds a bit to the pictures. My fav so far, but I still prefer clored pics
goldfinger147 - two MC12 in a rainy day. Something you won't see every day, and you can barely tell we are at a dealer if only the first one would have been a bit closer to you so we could fully see the second, it would have been even cooler
P_Zero_Rosso - very nice! I love the Focus ST, especially in organge and the setting for this pic is top notch. Only disturbing detail, that damn 50 kmh sign right behind the car, but not enough to spoil it. My winner so far
salegosse - this is the best Gumpert picture that sits in my PC. Slightly tilted, ok, but not too much, good light, polarizer filter, nice depth. And most important, I am one of those who actually love the Apollo sorry little Focus, the Gumpert apparently tops the list now
sl55kleemann - a nice couple of cars on track. sharp and good frame, but it is a bit "pale" IMO. No sense of speed, yet not completely frozen
Smylait - good sense of speed here! A track oriented car in Paris! That's cool! I also adore the "sens interdit" sign this comes very close to salegosse's but when I have to choose, I prefer cars standing still
twboy1999 - another nice M5 picture, better than the last one you used (and I hope you won't post have an M5 every month, it risks to become boring). I love this setting: looks like a movie set
Wutputt - brillant pic, another professional one, with bits of racing track at the back, but the "grey" light of that day doesn't make it justice and spoils it a bit sadly
c0wb0y007 - brillant action shot like always from you! It's just perfect, but well, again, cars standing still are my fav usually
dodo - you wanted to use a pic of the white CGT but it doesn't seem you posted that one, so kept this other CGT for you.Actually it's a beautifull picture, a CGT in the middle of nowhere. Lacks some editing though and not enough contrast
Maou - Dang, I was sure salegosse would have my vote but then comes this.. vintage car (always cool), brick wall, palm trees, beautifull light!
pterps - very nice occasion to shoot a new car! Maybe a tad blurry, but still great!
vakpemil - Nice and rare car. Too much grey in this picture though..
sameerrao - original angle, also showing a rare sunroof in a Modena. I would have moved the frame to the right to have less empty space behind the cars and more in front of them.
hamlet - another tilted picture I don't mind looking at! Also: tilted pics with lense flare are cool IMO LOL! Too bad the lense flare is just vaguely visible Again like for a couple other pics, a bit too grey
dani - superb shoot! A Ferrari going around the GP track (in the opposite way LOL, but well...), a boat speeding near the horizon, very nice light! Beautifull!
stmoritzer - This is the second time you "trick", posting just a preview before the end of the month I accepted it since you didn't seem to have another great pic to use, but this is the last time little previews don't count that said, the picture is :shock: to shoot such supercar like this is a precious moment

So, in the end Maou gets my vote, and congrats to everybody! Again a difficult choice :good: