View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Default what do you all think of the GTO/3000GT/Stealth ?

I am still in choosing mode, I am torn between a new vette (which will put me in the hole with payments for many years) or a straight up purchase of something for a bit less that will make me happy to own it

I have looked at the Eclipse AWD, I loved it, however a bit unpractical since I look like the bald guy from ghost hunters... (meaning I look ridiculous in it)

just today I saw a 3000GT VR4 for sale at my local dealership, it looked immaculate and for a 1993 car, it only had 45k miles... the thing looks brand new, and the engine is as clean as if it just left the factory, the salesman told me that the DOHC was discontinued in 94 and that this was the best engine, I never actualy paid much attention to these cars because I thought they were over priced (although I did pay top dollar for my RX-7) so I sat in it and well, it is quite spacious, it has a back seat... which I am not used to really, and taking it around the block it felt strong and refined at the same time, I guess my question is, are these good cars? am I looking at something that will break the bank to maintain?

what's the deal with the electronic shock system? WTF?

I love cars, but I am not rich, so I don't need something that will take tons of cash to maintain and not enjoy, I do have another car so obviously I would alternate usage, is this a good buy?

I know many of you know lots about cars, much more than me since I have been stuck in the same RX-7 for a decade

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote