View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 05:44 AM   #13
blue8
Regular User

News! Massa is classified as 7th place after stewards penalized Bourdais with 25-seconds. The Frenchman finished 7th but has now dropped to 10th which means Massa earns 2 points (now 5 points adrift Hamilton) and Webber gains 1 point.

Exactly the kind of race I wanted! Two of the leading championship contenders going down the field! Would have been great if Raikkonen made it to second so that we would have a four-car shoot-out in the last two races. Unfortunately, Kimi has officially relinquished his championship title as he is 21 points behind Hamilton with only 20 points left. I'm guessing he decided to back-off to avoid any risks and to finally score some points. He's a team player.

Congrats to Alonso for being brilliant again!

Apparently, Hamilton hasn't learned his lesson. I thought after Singapore in the last few laps, he learned to be cautious and play it safe for the title. He blew it right away trying to regain the lead from Raikkonen who isn't even his main challenge. As for Massa, I'm glad that at least he fought hard to get back at the points. In Singapore, he just gave up after the pit-stop incident and the penalty.

Kubica also drove great today. The BMW didn't seem to have the pace all weekend but he made it work somehow. I want the title to go to him or Massa. Anyone notice that lately, he has been openly criticizing the team for not doing enough development with the car. There were wild rumors of tension between him and the team... Regardless, I actually like that attitude. He seems to be pushing the team really hard

Most exciting first corner incident we've had in a while! The drivers have done well for the most part of the season to avoid any accidents but that was seriously boring.

Hoping for more excitement next week!

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote