View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 07:24 AM   #14
Sapetoku
Regular User

Originally Posted by toffytofik View Post
Excuse me, but if we talk about realistic games:

- all that Codemasters develops (CMR, Toca) is in fact... crap. (read: arcadish).
- all the "realistic" games from PS (GT4/5, Forza) are in fact... crap (read: arcadish).
- all of the ISI and SimBin developed simulators (GPL, GTR/GTR2, Race WTCC/Race 2007, rTractor) are realistic but their physics aren't any good.

The only realistic racing simulator with great physics and tire model is on PC and that is Live For Speed. I'm surprised no one knows about it.
netKar Pro (PC) is another sim featuring good physics and tire model, but the development is on halt.
Richard Burns Rally (PC) has decent physics and by far the only real rally simulator available on the market.
Live for Speed is indeed very very good! I'm having a hard time looking at the GT/Forza series as realistic, they're fun on a PSx or XBOX but that's it, nowhere near as good as LFS. If you have a good steering wheel, preferably with three pedal set and two spare joysticks (one for e-brake and one - preferably a vibrating one - to change gears) Live for Speed is the ultimate driving game, although Richard Burns Rally is very good as well, just another format. Another good rally game is Rally Trophy, it's abit old but still very good!
rFactor is good as well, only downside is the desperate need for add-ons if you really want to enjoy this game.
And BTW comparing PS1/2/3 or XBOX games - as I just did - to PC driving games is quite difficult and may even be pointless

This being said, I can't wait to play this GRID game, it does look fantastic!
Sapetoku is offline   Reply With Quote