View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
sameerrao
Regular User

I will start of with one of my favorite photos - It is a F40 reflected in a 360 wheel bolts.

Why I like it
I like it because I managed to get the F40 show up on all 5 bolts of the Ferrari wheel and with the 360's Cavallino in the center. The Red car color was a nice plus because it manages to really stand out on the shiny wheel bolt.

I accidentally came upon this image when I sitting down next to the 360 to take a brief rest after all the morning's shooting.

Technique?
From a technique standpoint, it was nothing special. I just manouevred around till I could see the F40 is all the bolts. From a photoprocessing standpoint I just cropped the image to keep the emphasis on the wheel and did an Auto levels in Photoshop.

How can it be improved?
If I have an issue with the picture is that I had the wrong camera lens for this picture ... I used a wide angle lens. As a result I was force to get real close to the wheel to get the F40 in focus. You can see my reflection on one the wheel bolts. I am pretty sure that the picture was taken with a zoom from a distance it would have been better.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote