View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 11:36 AM   #20
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by Just_me
Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
I dont put much weight on Euro tests of American cars anyway..Its always biased results.
yeah, I feel the same way, thats why I dont read about European cars in american mags, its always baised results.
Nice sly little sarcasm there bud lol....Buuuut if you look at American mags they usually prefer Eurocars over the American cars too in overall quality etc...The difference is that Euromags diliberately under drive or misreport the performance of American cars so that they look like total rubbish. You can see American mags articles like Viper vs Porsche 911 tt and it shows both cars truer performance[compared to Euromags] but it perfers the 911 because it much more refined and almost as fast as the Viper...Get it...American cars rarely win overall vs any foreign car in American mags..But they do hold there own in the performance dept. Thats my problem with Euro mags..Just look at that pathetic show about Vette vs Viper. They took them around a track and deliberately kept getting them sideways. Then they declared they dont handle well and are complete pos...You dont see garbage like that from American automotive press when it comes to Euro/Jap cars....

Fine the Viper is a crude pos compared to any Porsche, BMW etc but dont try to make it sound like its Honda slow when everyone knows how fast it is...Come on look at this article in this thread...You honestly think a 500/525 Viper weighing in at 3380 is gonna lose to a much heavier BMW with similar power but way less torque? It wreaks of typical Euro bias...Europeans can believe the Viper is that slow...But if you run into the few Viper owners in your neck of the woods dont be surprised when you get beat or cant pull away from one in the straights or twisties in your BMW,Ferrari, Lambo etc...