View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 01:21 AM   #42
frodefe
Regular User

Read quickly through all posts - this is my $0.2

A sportscar is by it's nature something unrational, silly and useless. This in terms of practicality, performance and price.
It's more about feelings, emotions and dreams...
Pure performance, price (bang-for-the-buck), reliability, depreciation etc. will never by it self fuel a passion. At best make
for an excuse to the purchase, a way to rationalize the irrational.

I had a dream when I was younger, and made my self a promise. Once I will buy a Porsche 911. The car of my dreams.
The car that I had read about in tons of magazines, and had pictures of that covered the walls of my bedroom. This promise was never
one made out of value for money, or it's 1/4 mile times. This was solely based upon one thing - this car (for me) was THE only sportscar to have.

I do belive that it's important for the C6 fans to accnowledge the fact that the mrsp vs performance does not equate to the same for all.
Of course a sportscar does not exsist in a vacuum, but are measured towards other, normal cars, and also different types of sportscars.
For some these results confirms and rationalize their choice, and for others they exists merely as an informative side-note.

I'm presently not it the position for purchasing a new sportscar. But if I was, the Corvette could be prized at $ 45.000 and I still would not consider it.

It simply is not my thing...